The commercial area along the main streets of this area is known simply as Yonge and St. Clair. Marked by a cluster of office buildings, the area also includes a number of restaurants, shops and services. Deer Park, part of this neighbourhood, was annexed by the City of Toronto in 1908, and by the 1930s it had become an upper-middle-class residential district, which it remains today. Summerhill is another area in this neighbourhood. It was named after the 'Summer Hill' house, built in 1842 by Canadian transportation baron Charles Thompson. Much of the area was once part of the Thompson estate but was subdivided by his heirs in the 1880s. Summerhill homes are generally turn-of-the-century, Edwardian & Victorian style character homes on generous lots.